When to Get Help?
- Does your child or teen seem overly anxious, sensitive, restless, stressed out or “can’t focus”?
- Does your child or teen’s behavior cause trouble at school or at home?
- Does your child or teen exhibit isolating or withdrawing tendencies?
- Does your child or teen seem anxious, nervous, “can’t sit still,” easily bored or worried?
- Does your child seem to use violent outbursts and temper tantrums to manipulate you or others?
- Does your child or teen having difficulty having fun or being happy?
- Does your child or teen have frequent nightmares or trouble sleeping?
- Does your child or teen often seem sad or down?
- Does your child or teen often seem angry, resentful or rebellious?
- Does your child o r teen make frequent careless mistakes or have difficulty concentrating?
- Does your child or teen have difficulty making decisions?
- Does your child or teen values stay in conflict with those of the family?
Art Therapy Benefits
- constructive emotional expression
- stress management/relaxation
- anger reduction/anger management
- improved performance/concentration
- problem solving/conflict resolution
- anxiety reduction
- depression reduction/management
- increasing self care/self love
- improved behavioral compliance
- coping skills development
- values clarification
- healthy relationships
- conflict resolution
- enhancing self esteem/self competence
- improved self awareness and self regard
- increased empathy and compassion
What to Expect?
Art therapy provides a safe, non-judgemental atmosphere where a child is free to engage in creative expression. Art therapy utilizes verbal and non-verbal skills and resources.
Children and teens are encouraged to use a variety of materials like clay, paint, pastels, watercolors, paper, pencils and cut-outs. Use of these materials helps identity feelings, express ideas, reveal conflicts and reinforce values and character strengths.
The art works produced gives the trained art therapist a clear understanding of coping skills and strategies, hidden conflicts, masked fears and unresolved conflicts and anxieties. The art works can reveal areas of personal strengths and character assets pointing to the development of expanded creative potential.
What is the next step?
Learn More about Art Therapy
Contact Us or call 225-344-1572
If you are ready to make changes in your life, request an appointment now.
Art Therapy Initial Session for Child
1.5 - 4 hours
Art Therapy Follow up Session for Child
Art Therapy Family Session for Child